This post was written as part of the $500 giveaway contest sponsored by The Financial Blogger and Life Insurance Finder "The Easiest place to compare life insurance. All thoughts are my own, regardless. I was not paid for this post. This is simply an entry into the contest.
My 10 Financial Confessions of 2011:
1. I spent more than I made.
2. I spent frivolously for 2011 by eating out more than I would have liked to.
3. I closed my savings account (RIP)
4. I do not balance my checkbook!
5. I do not keep track of how much I spent.
6. We wasted quite a bit of money before our baby was born last year, I wish I would have saved more! (Hindsight is always 20/20).
7. We planned to take a trip to Jamaica we won, but have to cover some of the costs (we probably should just save the money instead).
8. I stopped working to be a stay at home mom. While I love being a stay at home mom, I wish I had made a backup plan to make some money first...I highly suggest anyone thinking of doing so has a plan B ...even if it's just for "fun funds".
9. Our electricity bill got up to $700 (old house without good insulation) last year, it took us a while to recover from that.
10. Our water bill was paid late a couple months in a row, due to error from our new apartment complex. Either way, it hurt the wallet a bit when we had to play catch up.
Whew - well, needless to say we learned quite a few lessons last year. This year I have already been doing better.